Thursday, November 18, 2010

Procrastination, Santa Claus, and the Apocolypse

Hi there!

So, I have things I really want to do and none of them are super-difficult but I'm not doing them like I should.  They just take so much time!  I tend to stress myself out over which thing to do and then I just end up not doing any of them and going off to play Fallout: New Vegas, which one half of my brain keeps telling me to play play play because it's the most awesome and addictive computer game ever and the other half of my brain keeps telling me to avoid like the plague becuase it's pretty much the most awesome and addictive computer game ever. 

Anyway, I really need to get to work.

Would you like to see my to do list?  Well, I can't show you.  It's just two long and some of the things on it are personal.  I've gotten a bunch of things off of my to do list lately, which pared it down to one column on one page, instead of two columns and part of the back on one page...  I've been busy. 

Anyway, the things I want to do most are all creative.  I'd love to write a serious intro-issue script to my superhero world.  I already have a few issues scripted, but they're not really great as intruductions to the world...  I'd love to get my Etsy shop up and running because right now it's all set up, but empty, which is just sad.  I'd love to be writing more songs and actually recording them, especially my Versal music, because when I don't write music I feel like I've wasted my college education.  I NEED to finish North too.  If you don't know what any of these things entails, just go to my website and roam around.  You'll get the picture. 
Also, and more immediately, I want to go get my picture taken with Santa at the Mall of America.

That's not weird, is it?
I think it's probably not.

I find it difficult to just put myself totally into one project.  I always have.
I keep getting distracted with other projects and having new ideas.

Something new that came up, for instance (and is easy and fun and only sort of a distraction) is that Mark II and I (the founding fellows of AnaKataCombo) are going to be putting up a podcast series sometime soon.  It will be called "Top-Teniverse with Mark & Andrew" or something very close to that.  It will be up on my website for your listening pleasure in weeks to come.  We'll be discussing things we like (or don't), among other things, and primarily debating weekly top-ten lists of things we really like (or really don't).  It should be a big old nerdy hoot.

So, tonight I'm going to put myself into North and really try to get some things accomplished.
Hopefully, I won't just give in to the temptation of New Vegas.
Post-Apocolyptia...  Adventure...  Blackjack...   False sense of achievement...   Must...  Resist...

Anyway, if all goes well, you can check back here and on my website (let's say... around monday-ish?), and there should be a fair amount of new content.  If you're into that sort of thing...

Thanks for reading!


Oh, by the way, I was thinking about how people think everyone likes music...
What if someone from another world heard our music (contemporary western-world popular music) and was all like, "Hey, that's not music...  Why are you listening to math?"  It would be because their music is like abstract expressionist music, or more about tones and harmonies and emotion.  I just thought that was an interesting idea.  Who wouldn't like music?  Someone who thinks we're not listening to "music."  That's who.

Nevermind.

See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment