Thursday, October 21, 2010

What's the best way to do [a thing]?

I love asking myself this question.

I could make entire posts about every time I've asked myself this question about virtually anything.  I would love to write a book about the best ways to do things...  But...  probably no one would buy that.

Asking "What's the best way to do this?" has led to both a lot of strife and a great deal of reward for me.  Some people will resist new ideas to no end; completely set in their ways, even when better ways of doing things are completely obvious.  Other people embrace change and constantly seek to improve themselves.
I like to think the latter is me, but usually I'll have a really good idea about some much-better way of doing something and...   not do a whole lot about it.  Usually, I'm sure I just forget.

A lot of good ideas are lost for lack of pen and paper.

Thinking of the best way to do things has led me to believe that shoes are bad.
Universally.
I understand about hazardous circumstances (which may or may not include leaving your house) and barefootedness not really going together, but that just makes me think about the conditions that create the necessity of wearing shoes.  Broken glass?  Other unpleasant substances on the ground?  I can think of a bunch of "Best ways to do things" that could prevent those issues from ever even being issues.  These are things that can be fixed.  Also, what about all the time that we don't spend outdoors?
My toes want to be free!

Also, I just don't like wearing shoes.

Also, I don't like wearing pants.

Maybe it's just me.

It's not like I'm constantly running through thorny brush or something and need to protect my legs from things.  The entire idea of clothing and the historic notion of physical modesty is very backwards to me.  I'm no nudist, but like I said, I don't like to wear pants.  Shorts I can do, most of the time.
I definitely don't like belts or ties.

Actually, I do like belts, but only if I have cool stuff hanging from them, especially if I'm wearing more than one belt.  Then it just feels like I'm about to go on an adventure.

I guess you want pants for adventures...  shoes too...

I think the obvious lesson here is that we really need to work harder to live up to the inherent adventurousness of our wardrobes.

...

I'm not sure how good I am at blogging.

Thanks for reading anyway!


NEXT TIME:  Some Plans of Mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment