Friday, January 21, 2011

Catch-up Blog #2: It's Cold.

Hi there.

I liked it inside my house when I woke up this morning. 
I was cozy.
Things were warm.

Outside... things were not.

You might say, "Andrew, it's January in [my state] too...  It's always cold in January."
I might say, "Is it so cold that they CLOSED THE SCHOOLS?!"

I'm from Pennsylvania.  I've never experienced this phenomenon.

Here's a little clip from the Wikipedia article on the North Pole.
      - "Winter (January) temperatures at the North Pole can range from about −43 °C (−45 °F) to −26 °C (−15 °F), perhaps averaging around −34 °C (−29 °F)."

This morning, the temperature around the twin cities ranged from 3°F to -14°F.

You know what it was a few hours north of here in good ol' Minnesota?  -46°F !
I suggest you take another look at that temperature-range for the North Pole.

Sheesh!  Whose dopey idea was this?!

In other news, I've quite finely developed my skill at disrobing a clementine in a single tidy strip.

Balaclava!

No comments:

Post a Comment